Glenlevenscouts.org.uk is a website owned by Glenrothes and Levenmouth District Scout Council. We take the issue of privacy very seriously and we are committed to protecting and respecting our users privacy. This Privacy Statement sets out our current data processing practices and should be read in conjunction with our
Terms & Conditions
If you have any queries or concerns regarding these practices, you should contact us at glenlevenscouts.org.uk
1. The Information we collect
We collect the following information on behalf of scout groups in our District for the purpose of organising events –
Medical information relevant to the activity
2. Sharing of data
We do not share our data. We do store our data on a cloud based storage system provided by Google.
3. Legal jurisdiction.
All personal information and details held on and processed by computers situated in the United Kingdom.
4. Disclosure of data by order of a Court and Security
We reserve the right to communicate a customer’s personal information as we hold to third parties who are empowered by regulation, statute or order of a court. We have security measures in place to protect our customer database. Access to this database is restricted internally. However, it remains each customer’s responsibility:
• to keep their password secret;
• to protect against unauthorised access to your personal details.
We do not record cookies.
6. The Data Protection act
You can obtain further information about data protection laws by visiting the Information Commissioners website at https://www.gov.uk/data-protection/the-data-protection-act
If you want to contact us to raise any questions about this privacy statement, or any general matters relating to thescoutshop.co.uk please contact glenlevenscouts.org.uk. Please use this address if you wish to request from us a copy of the personal data we hold about you.
9. Google Analytics
• Type of user agent (web browser) used, software manufacture and version number.
• Type of operating system
• Screen colors (color processing ability of the users screen)
• Flash version
• Screen resolution
• Network location and IP address
• Can include country, city, state, region, county, or any other geographic data.
• Bandwidth (internet connection speed)
• Time of visit
• Pages visited
• Time spent on each page of the website
• Referring site statistics
• The website (URL) the user came through in order to arrive at this website (example: clicking on a hyperlink from Yahoo.com that took the user to this website)
• Search engine query used (example: typing in a phrase into a search engine like Google, and clicking on a link from that search engine)
This data is only used to optimise our website for our visitors