The Purpose of Scouting Scouting exists to actively engage and support young people in their personal development, empowering them to make a positive contribution to society.
The Values of Scouting As Scouts we are guided by these values: Integrity - We act with integrity; we are honest, trustworthy and loyal. Respect - We have self-respect and respect for others. Care - We support others and take care of the world in which we live. Belief - We explore our faiths, beliefs and attitudes. Co-operation - We make a positive difference; we co-operate with others and make friends.
The Scout Method Scouting takes place when young people, in partnership with adults, work together based on the values of Scouting and:
* enjoy what they are doing and have fun
* take part in activities indoors and outdoors
* learn by doing
* share in spiritual reflection
* take responsibility and make choices
* undertake new and challenging activities
* make and live by their Promise.